Monday, May 5, 2008

Celebrate the Small Successes

With the feeling of complete and utter failure as a mother the last couple of weeks, I decided this morning that I should list the "accomplishments" from the same couple of weeks. Here they are, in random order:
  • Peanut is now able to go to sleep, especially at bedtime, without much rocking.
  • Peanut HAS gotten more sleep during the day than before we started to establish a routine.
  • The new routine was relatively easy to implement.
  • I started daily walks with Peanut.
  • Even Daddy had joined us on a couple of walks.
  • Peanut HAS gotten a few long naps.
  • Peanut is less tired during the day when she's awake.
  • Peanut is willing to tolerate a longer tummy time now.
  • It is easier to anticipate what is happening with Peanut, whether she needs to eat or sleep or change diaper.
  • I know when to put her in disposable diaper vs. cloth diaper, so I won't wake her while she's sleeping.
  • Overall, I am holding her less.
  • Overall, armitis is much better.
  • We have a very set bedtime routine, and Peanut knows what's coming up.
Motherhood is really harder and much more stressful than it looks.

1 comment:

J+Di Di said...

Yeah!! You have accomplished a LOT indeed! :)