Sleep--Why did you leave us?Sleep--Why do you not come back, especially at 3:30am!
Sleep--What do we have to do to get you back?


Our Peanut has turned into a Meltdown Monster. She's had meltdowns with every nap and night sleep the last 2 days. This morning she even decided to wake up at 3:30am and not go back to sleep. She only catnapped from then until 7am.
We decided to go to my workplace and see if she would get tired out from everyone playing with her.
She fell asleep in the car on the way home. I put her in her crib. She kind of fussed for 30 minutes, though never fully awake. I patted her chest for the entire time. Hopefully it worked, to get her into the next sleep cycle. Babies' REM sleep cycle is 45minutes. Babies this young need help to transition into the next sleep cycle. Otherwise they'll wake up and can't get back to sleep. Sure enough, Peanut wakes at the 42-minute mark. If I don't run fast enough, she'll wake up fully, then it'll take at least 30minutes to resettle her. Unless, of course, she goes into meltdown mode. Then all bets are off.
In the meantime, see how well she's holding up her head and sitting up? She seems to really like sitting up. But she still hates tummy time and is scared of rolling over. Oh well. I'm not eager to have her roll over, since I will have to watch her more closely when she does.
BTW, she's in 3-6 months clothes, and they're snug! Pretty soon she'll have to go into 6mo+ clothes. Yikes!
1 comment:
In the second pic, Peanut looks like she has an astro suit on! She's adorable!
Post a Comment