
Check out this article linking baby's pointing ability and vocabulary.
Peanut is indeed quite expressive with her pointing. She will point to me, then point to an object, and somehow convey what she wants you to do with it. For example:
- She puts something under the couch that she cannot get to. She points to me, crouches down, points at whatever is under the couch, and I have to go get it.
- She points to me, she pats the lawn mower toy, she wants to sit on it and have me push her around.
- She gets herself to Daddy's office chair. She points at me, then pats the chair. She wants to sit in it and be spinned around.
She learned to say "no, no, no".
She learned to say "no, no, no" while shaking her head. With a smile.
I think she pointed to my nose when I asked where where it was. Or, she could have pointed, and I leaned my nose to her little finger...
I then asked her where my mouth was, and she pointed... and I leaned toward her and opened my mouth to grab her finger...
Hey, one can't help but to think their kids are little geniuses, right?
1 comment:
Ah, little Peanut has trained her mommy well! Point and you shall receive! :D
Post a Comment